American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- R15.06, Industrial Robots and Robot Systems – Safety Requirements. Provides safety requirements for industrial robot manufacture, remanufacture, and rebuild (Part 1); and robot system integration/installation (Part 2). R15.06 (ANSI/RIA R15.06-2012) is the U.S. National Adoption of the ISO 10218-1,2:2011.
- RIA TR R15.306 (“TR 306”), Task-Based Risk Assessment Methodology. Describes one method of risk assessment that would comply with the R15.06 requirements.
- RIA TR R15.406 (“TR 406”), Safeguarding. Explains how to design a system of safeguards to protect human workers in an industrial environment that also contains robot system(s). TR 406 contains greater detail than the 2012 R15.06 standard.
- RIA TR R15.506 (“TR 506”), Applicability of R15.06-2012 for Existing Industrial Robot Applications. The R15.06 standard is forward-looking; that is, its primary topic is the installation of an all-new robot system. TR 506 explains how to take the 2012 R15.06 standard into account for existing robot systems.
- RIA TR R15.606 (“TR 606”), Collaborative Robot Safety. Explains safety requirements specific to collaborative robots and robot systems, and is supplemental to the guidance in ANSI/RIA R15.06. TR 606 is the U.S. National Adoption of the ISO/TS 15066:2016.
- RIA TR R15.806 (“TR 806”), Testing Methods for Power & Force Limited Collaborative Applications. Describes methods to test and verify that the forces exerted by a collaborative robot system remain within the allowable limits described in TR 606 (ISO/TS 15066).
- B11.0, Safety of Machinery – General Requirements and Risk Assessment. Applies to new, existing, modified, or rebuilt power-driven machines, not portable by hand while working, used to shape and/or form metal or other materials by cutting, impact, pressure, electrical, or other processing techniques, or a combination of these processes. This can be a single machine, a machine tool, or a machine tool system(s), and may include industrial robot(s) and robot system(s). Also contains guidance on performing risk assessments.
- B11.20, Safety Requirements for Integrated Manufacturing Systems. Specifies the safety requirements for the design, construction, set-up, operation, and maintenance (including installation, dismantling and transport) of integrated manufacturing systems, which may include industrial robot(s) and robot system(s).